The Getty offers subsidized transportation to qualifying Title I Schools in
Los Angeles County to those meeting the eligibility requirements on a
first-come, first-served basis until funds are depleted.
To qualify for visits to the Getty Center or Villa,
- Be a Title I school, according to the California
Department of Education.
- Be located within 30 miles of the Getty Center or
- Fill each requested bus with at least 50 students.
- Schedule a visit between September 6, 2016 and May 31,
- You must use our designated bus company, Four Winds,
Inc., for transportation. We cannot fund district buses or buses from
other transportation companies.
- Funding is not guaranteed until confirmed in writing by
the Getty Center or Villa.
- Funds are limited and will be offered to those meeting
the eligibility requirements on a first-come, first-served basis until
funding is depleted.
- If authorized, you will receive a letter with further
instructions 30 to 60 days after we receive your school visit request form
- If not authorized, you will receive a denial letter 30
to 60 days after we receive your school visit request form via email.
- If you are not approved for a bus, your application
will still be processed and a field trip will be scheduled for your group,
unless you indicate otherwise on the School Visit Request Form.