GCI Information Center
The GCI Information Center is a unit of the Institute's Education department. It is made up of information specialists in conservation who serve the mission of the GCI by providing expertise and support to the work of conservation staff throughout the Getty and conservation professionals worldwide.
Specific activities include:
- customized research services;
- bibliographic management tools and training;
- reference assistance;
- facilitated access to conservation literature and related research resources
- visual resources management;
- guided development and growth of the Conservation Collection at the Getty Research Library.
At present the Conservation Collection is comprised of approximately 50,000 titles and nearly 400 current serial subscriptions. The Conservation Collection is available through the Research Library's Primo Search, and may be borrowed through your library's Interlibrary Loan Department.
The Information Center also maintains a reading room and reference collection of approximately 2,000 titles, which includes:
- core conservation journals, conference proceedings, and reference works;
- print and online science resources;
- scientific handbooks;
- GCI publications;
- print and online geographic resources including travel guides, maps and atlases.
For research assistance in accessing the Conservation Collection, to recommend a specific title or make a donation of research materials to the collection, or to request an appointment to use the reference collection, contact the GCI Information Center.
Last updated: April 2015