Cars and Motorcycles
Parking is $15 per car or motorcycle, reduced to $10 after 3:00 p.m.
Three Tips for Easier Parking
The parking garage fills on busy days, especially during summer and school holidays.
Pay for parking at self-service pay stations. All pay stations accept credit cards; many accept cash.
- Take a ticket when you enter the parking structure.
- Park your car.
- Validate your ticket: pay the parking fee at any of the parking pay stations (located on every level of the parking structure and near the tram station at the top of the hill) or at the parking office at the tram departure station at the bottom of the hill.
Parking reservations are neither required nor accepted.
There is no street parking.
There are designated accessible spaces on the entry level of the parking structure.
Electric vehicle charging (levels 1 and 2) is available on a first-come, first-served basis at the north end of the parking structure’s P2 level.
Parking for vehicles between 6'10" and 12'6" tall is available on level P1 of the parking garage.
Visiting in a group of 15 people or more? See Group Reservations for information about parking for tour buses, other group vehicles, and groups of 15+ motorcycles.
For more parking information, see frequently asked questions.
Pay Once, Park Twice
Get same-day parking at both the Getty Center and the Getty Villa for one $15 fee. (Visitors arriving after 3:00 p.m. pay a reduced fee of $10.) Visit the Museum Information Desk at the Center or the Villa to obtain a coupon good for complimentary same-day parking at the other site.
Offer not valid on Mondays or Tuesdays.
Monthly Parking Cards
Frequent visitors may buy parking cards in various monthly increments for use at the Getty Center and Getty Villa. Cards are for sale at the Getty Center Parking Office located on the tram level (T1) of the Main Parking Garage.
- Valid for 31-day periods starting on the day of purchase.
- Non-transferable, non-refundable and valid until the expiration date printed on the front of the card.
- Up to four people in the purchaser’s household (including the purchaser) can be authorized to use the card. All authorized users must be stated at time of purchase. Authorized users cannot be changed after purchase.
- Valid only during public operating hours of the Getty Center and Getty Villa.
- Cards can be used for one passenger vehicle per day at each location.
- A driver’s license or other secondary form of identification may be requested at time of use.
- Cards reported as lost or stolen, or determined to be transferred or counterfeited, will not be honored.
- Cards do not guarantee that parking at the Getty Center or Getty Villa will be available.
- To use the card at the Getty Villa, remember to book a free timed-entry ticket before your visit.
Bicyclists can park without charge on the entry level of the parking structure. Bike racks are located by the elevators.
Drop-offs and Pick-ups
Cars or vans carrying 15 passengers or less may drop off passengers.
There is a taxi stop on level P1 of the parking structure. Direct phone lines to city-licensed cab companies are located on level P1 and at the Lower Tram Station (T1).
- Personal vehicles, including Lyft and Uber
There is a designated turnaround area located outside of the parking structure for visitors being dropped off or picked up by personal vehicle.
Metro bus lines 734 and 234 stop at the Getty Center entrance, located at the intersection of Getty Center Drive and Sepulveda Boulevard. Metro Rapid Line 734 (PDF schedule) runs Monday–Friday, and Metro Local 234 (PDF schedule) runs weekends, holidays, early and late weekday hours. Passengers can connect to the Metro Expo Rail Line at the Expo/Sepulveda Station.
Free Park and Ride lots are available throughout Los Angeles County.
Get complete route information from the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (METRO): 323-GO-METRO (323-466-3876), or use the METRO Trip Planner.
Take Transit, Save 10%
Show your valid TAP card at The Getty Store and save 10% on your purchase.