Cars and Motorcycles
Parking is $15 per car or motorcycle, reduced to $10 after 3:00 p.m.
Three Tips for Easier Parking
The parking garage fills on busy days, especially during summer and school holidays.
- Arrive early. The parking structure, tram, coffee cart, and Central Garden open at 9:30 a.m. Galleries open at 10:00 a.m.
- Enjoy evening hours. Parking is reduced to $10 after 3:00 p.m. Take advantage of our extended seasonal hours until September 4, 2016: we’re open until 9:00 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and 7:00 p.m. on Sundays.
- Take public transportation, Lyft, Uber, or a taxi.
Pay for parking at self-service pay stations. All pay stations accept credit cards; many accept cash.
- Take a ticket when you enter the parking structure.
- Park your car.
- Validate your ticket: pay the parking fee at any of the parking pay stations (located on every level of the parking structure and near the tram station at the top of the hill) or at the parking office at the tram departure station at the bottom of the hill.
Parking reservations are neither required nor accepted.
There is no street parking.
There are designated accessible spaces on the entry level of the parking structure.
Electric vehicle charging (levels 1 and 2) is available on a first-come, first-served basis at the north end of the parking structure’s P2 level.
Parking for vehicles between 6'10" and 12'6" tall is available on level P1 of the parking garage.
Visiting in a group of 15 people or more? See Group Reservations for information about parking for tour buses, other group vehicles, and groups of 15+ motorcycles.
For more parking information, see frequently asked questions.
Pay Once, Park Twice
Get same-day parking at both the Getty Center and the Getty Villa for one $15 fee. (Visitors arriving after 3:00 p.m. pay a reduced fee of $10.) Visit the Museum Information Desk at the Center or the Villa to obtain a coupon good for complimentary same-day parking at the other site.
Bicyclists can park without charge on the entry level of the parking structure. Bike racks are located by the elevators.
Cars or vans carrying 15 passengers or less may drop off passengers.
There is a taxi stop on level P1 of the parking structure. Direct phone lines to city-licensed cab companies are located on level P1 and at the Lower Tram Station (T1).
- Personal vehicles, including Lyft and Uber
There is a designated turnaround area located outside of the parking structure for visitors being dropped off or picked up by personal vehicle.
Metro bus lines 734 and 234 stop at the Getty Center entrance, located at the intersection of Getty Center Drive and Sepulveda Boulevard. Metro Rapid Line 734 (PDF schedule) runs Monday–Friday, and Metro Local 234 (PDF schedule) runs weekends, holidays, early and late weekday hours. Passengers can connect to the Metro Expo Rail Line at the Expo/Sepulveda Station.
Free Park and Ride lots are available throughout Los Angeles County.
Get complete route information from the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (METRO): 323-GO-METRO (323-466-3876), or use the METRO Trip Planner.
Take Transit, Save 10%
Show your valid TAP card when you visit the Getty Center or Villa and save 10% on your purchase at The Getty Store.