There is no street parking available near the Getty Center.
Parking reservations are not required or accepted.
Parking is $20 per car or motorcycle; $15 after 3 pm.
For evening events and on Saturdays, parking is $10 after 6 pm.
Rates include Los Angeles City Parking Occupancy Tax.
Accessible Parking Spaces
There are designated accessible spaces on the entry level of the parking structure.
Electric Vehicle Charging
Electric vehicle charging (levels 1 and 2) is available on a first-come, first-served basis on level P2.
Oversized Vehicle Parking
Parking for vehicles between 6'10" and 12'6" tall is available on level P1.
Parking for Groups
If you are visiting in a group of more than 15 people, please see Group Reservations to make a reservation and for information about parking for tour buses, other group vehicles, and groups of 15+ motorcycles.
Get same-day parking at both the Getty Center and the Getty Villa for one fee. (Offer not valid on Mondays or Tuesdays.)
To obtain a coupon good for same-day complimentary parking at the other site, visit the Museum Information Desk at the Center or the Villa.
Driving between the Center and the Villa usually takes 20–45 minutes, depending on traffic.
Monthly Parking Cards
Frequent visitors may buy parking cards in various monthly increments for use at the Getty Center and Getty Villa. Buy cards at the Getty Center Parking Office located on the tram level (T1) of the Main Parking Garage.
- Valid for 31-day periods starting on the day of purchase.
- Non-transferable, non-refundable and valid until the expiration date printed on the front of the card.
- Up to four people in the purchaser’s household (including the purchaser) can be authorized to use the card. All authorized users must be stated at time of purchase. Authorized users cannot be changed after purchase.
- Valid only during public operating hours of the Getty Center and Getty Villa.
- Cards can be used for one passenger vehicle per day at each location.
- A driver’s license or other secondary form of identification may be requested at time of use.
- Cards reported as lost or stolen, or determined to be transferred or counterfeited, will not be honored.
- Cards do not guarantee that parking at the Getty Center or Getty Villa will be available.
- To use the card at the Getty Villa, remember to book a free timed-entry ticket before your visit.
For more parking information, see frequently asked questions.
Arriving by Bicycle
Bicyclists can park for free on the entry level of the parking structure. Bike racks are located by the elevators.
Arriving by Taxi
There is a taxi stop on level P1 of the parking structure. Direct phone lines to city-licensed cab companies are located on level P1 and at the Lower Tram Station (T1).
Arriving by Personal Vehicle, including Lyft and Uber
Cars or vans carrying 15 passengers or fewer may drop off passengers.
There is a designated turnaround area located outside of the parking structure for visitors being dropped off or picked up by personal vehicle.
Arriving by Public Transportation
Metro bus lines 734 and 234 stop at the Getty Center entrance, located at the intersection of Getty Center Drive and Sepulveda Boulevard.
Metro Rapid Line 734 runs Monday to Friday and Metro Local 234 runs weekends, holidays, and early and late weekday hours.
Bus Schedules (opens in new window)
Free Park and Ride lots are available throughout Los Angeles County.
Get complete route information from the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (METRO): 323-GO-METRO (323-466-3876), or use the METRO Trip Planner.
The Getty Center Tram
A computer-operated tram takes you from the street-level entrance to the top of the hill. The tram is fully accessible.
The Lower Tram Station (T1) is located above the main parking structure.
Visitors may also walk up or down the hill on the pedestrian sidewalk. The path is about 3/4 of a mile and has a moderately steep grade. The walk takes 15 to 20 minutes.