Research on the Conservation of Photographs
- Stulik, Dusan C. "GCI Portable Analytical Laboratory for Photograph Conservation: The First Five Years," in proceedings of the Storia e Tutela del Patrimonio Fotografico, Museum Guttuso, Bagheria, September 24-16, 2006, 105-111.
- Harnly, Marc, and Martin Salazar, Dusan Stulik, "Coatings on the Photographic Prints of Gustave Le Gray," in Coatings on Photographs, Materials, Techniques, and Conservation, C.McCabe, ed., American Institute of Conservation, Washington DC, 2006, 289-299.
- Stulik, Dusan C. "Getty Conservation Institute Portable Laboratory for Photograph Conservation: The First Three Years," In Preprints of the ICOM 14th Triennial Meeting, The Hague, 556-64. London: James & James, 2005.
- Stulik, Dusan C. and Herant P. Khanjian, "Insight into Early Photographic Processes: Quantitative XRF Approach," in Conservation Science 2002, ed. Joyce H. Townsend, Katherine Eremin, and Annemie Adriaens, 188-94. London: Archetype Publications, 2003.
- Khanjian, Herant P. and Dusan C. Stulik, "Infrared Spectroscopic Studies of Photographic Material," in Conservation Science 2002, ed. Joyce H. Townsend, Katherine Eremin and Annemie Adriaens, 195-200. London: Archetype Publications, 2003.
- Stulik, Dusan C., Herant P. Khanjian, Alberto Tagle, and Alexandra M. Botelho. "Investigation of Jean-Louis-Marie-Eugen Durieu's Toning and Varnishing Experiments: A Non-destructive Approach," in Preprints of the ICOM, 13th Triennial Meeting, Rio de Janeiro, 658-63. London: James & James 2002.
- Stulik, Dusan C. and Art Kaplan, "A New Scientific Methodology for Provenancing and Authentication of 20th Century Photographs: Nondestructive Approach." In 9th International Conference on NDT of Art, Jerusalem, Israel, 25-30 May 2008.2008.
- Kaplan, Art and Dusan C. Stulik, "Expanding the barytome database: the GCI Gevaert collection." In ICOM-CC 15th Triennial Conference Preprints, New Delhi, 22-26 September 2008. New Delhi: Allied Publishers, 2008.
- Stulik, Dusan C. and Art Kaplan, "Nouvelle méthodologie scientifique d'analyse des photographies: son application aux tirages dHCB." In Revoir Henri Cartier-Bresson, ed. A. Cartier Bresson and J. P. Marignier, 158-173. Paris: Editions Textuel, 2009.
- Stulik, Dusan C. and Art Kaplan. "An example of complex composite materials and processes: Photography." In Scientific Methods and Cultural Heritage, ed. G. Artioli, 419-433. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2010.
Articles in the GCI newsletter
- Conference on the Work of Joseph Nicéphore Niépce (Spring 2010)
- Issues in the Conservation of Photographs (Spring 2010)
- First Photo Symposium (Spring 2004)
- Photography Symposium (Summer 2003)
- Scientific Analysis of World's First Photograph (Summer 2002)
- The Conservation of Photography: Three Perspectives (Spring 2002)
- Evolution of a Medium: A Discussion about Photography and its Conservation (Spring 2002)
- Conservation of Photographic Collections: A New Collaborative Project at the GCI (Spring 2002)
- Conservation of Photographic Materials (Summer 2001)
- Meeting on Photographic Preservation (Fall 2000)
- The Digital Print: Identification and Preservation
- Photographs of the Past: Process and Preservation
- A Guide to the Preventive Conservation of Photograph Collections
- Stulik, Dusan, interview by Jacki Lyden, All Things Considered, NPR, April 7, 2002.
- Kennedy, Randy, "Arsenic and Old Photos," New York Times, April 1, 2007.
Search Getty Research Library Catalog
- For further information on this subject, you can search the Getty Research Library Catalog.
Last updated: November 2010