Asian Organic Colorants (2006-2010)
- Clementi, C., C. Miliani, A. Romani, and G. Favaro. 2006. In situ fluorimetry: A powerful non-invasive diagnostic technique for natural dyes used in artefacts. Part I. Spectral characterization of orcein in solution, on silk and wool laboratory-standards and a fragment of Renaissance tapestry. Spectrochimica Acta - Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy 64, no. 4: 906-12.
- Delamare, François, and Bernard Guineau. 2000. Colors : the story of dyes and pigments. Discoveries: Discoveries (New York, N.Y.). New York: H.N. Abrams.
- Fèvre, Francine, and Georges Métailie. 2005. Dictionnaire Ricci des plantes de Chine: Chinois, français, latin, anglais. Paris:, Paris: Cerf; Association Ricci.
- Herrmann, Konrad. 2005. Description of chemical processes from the old Chinese technology encyclopedia \"Tian gong kai wu\" (unlocking heavenly treasures) from the year 1637. Mitteilungen - Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker, Fachgruppe Geschichte Der Chemie 18: 3-17.
- Kuchitsu, Nobuaki, Xiuye Duan, Sano Chie, Hong Guo, and Jun Li. 1997. Color change of pigments in the Mogao grottoes of Dunhuang. In Conservation of ancient sites on the Silk Road: Proceedings of an international conference on the conservation of grotto sites. ed. Neville Agnew, Getty Conservation Institute, Dunhuang yan jiu yuan (China), and Zhongguo wen wu yan jiu suo, 329-33. Los Angeles: Getty Conservation Institute
- Leona, M., J. Stenger, and E. Ferloni. 2006. Application of surface-enhanced Raman scattering techniques to the ultrasensitive identification of natural dyes in works of art. Journal of Raman Spectroscopy 37, no. 10: 981-92.
- Ma, Zanfeng, Hong Guo, Huizhen Wang, Zuixiong Li, and Michael Schilling. 2003. Color measurement research of Cave 85 at th Mogao Grottoes in Dunhuang. Wen Wu Bao Hu Yu Kao Gu Ke Xue = Sciences of Conservation & Archaeology 15, no. 2: 33-36.
- Moffatt, Elizabeth A., P. Jane Sirois, Gregory S. Young, and Ian N. M. Wainwright. 1989. Analysis of wall painting fragments from Dunhuang. Newsletter (Canadian Conservation Institute): Newsletter , no. Feb.: 9-10, 3-5.
- Schweppe, Helmut. 1993. Handbuch der Naturfarbstoffe : Vorkommen, Verwendung, Nachweis. Landsberg/Lech : Ecomed.
- Shibayama, Nobuko, Ryohei Yamaoka, and Masanori Sato. 2005. Analysis of colored compounds found in natural dyes by thermospray liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (TSP LC-MS) and a preliminary study of the application to analysis of natural dyes used on historic textiles. Dyes in History and Archaeology 20: Including papers presented at the 20th Meeting, held at Instituut Collectie Nederland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1-2 November 2001. Editor Jo Kirby, 51-69. Vol. 20. London: Archetype Publications.
- Shimoyama, Susumu, Yasuko Noda, and Shinya Katsuhara. 1998. Non-destructive determination of colorants used for traditional Japanese ukiyo-e woodblock prints by the three-dimensional fluorescence spectrum using fiber optics. Bunseki Kagaku 47, no. 2: 93-100.
- Wainwright, Ian N. M., Elizabeth A. Moffatt, P. Jane Sirois, and Gregory S. Young. 1997. Analysis of wall painting fragments from the Mogao and the Bingling Temple grottoes. In Conservation of ancient sites on the Silk Road: Proceedings of an international conference on the conservation of grotto sites. ed. Neville Agnew, Getty Conservation Institute, Dunhuang yan jiu yuan (China), and Zhongguo wen wu yan jiu suo, 334-40. Los Angeles: Getty Conservation Institute.
- Whitmore, Paul, and Glen R. Cass. 1988. The ozone fading of traditional colorants. Studies in Conservation = Études De Conservation 33, no. 1: 29-40.
- Wouters, Jan. 2005. Possible future developments in the analysis of organic dyes. Dyes in History and Archaeology 20: 23-29.
- Wouters, Jan. 1994. Dye analysis of Chinese and Indian textiles: with special emphasis on the recognition of Miscanthus tinctorius and Sophora japonica and the composition of green and blue colours. In Dyes in history and archaeology 12: Including papers presented at the 12th Meeting held at Brussels 1993. ed. P. Walton Rogers, 12-22. York: Published by Textile Research on behalf of the Association.
- Wouters, Jan. 1985. High performance liquid chromatography of anthraquinones: analysis of plant and insect extracts and dyed textiles. Studies in Conservation 30, no. 3: 119-28.
- Wouters, Jan, and Noemi Rosario-Chirinos. 1992. Dye analysis of pre-Columbian Peruvian textiles with high-performance liquid chromatography and diode-array detection. Journal of the American Institute for Conservation 31, no. 2: 237-55.
- Wouters, J., and A. Verhecken. 1991. High-performance liquid chromatography of blue and purple indigoid natural dyes. Journal of the Society of Dyers and Colourists 107, no. 7-8: 266-9.
- Wouters, Jan, and Andre Verhecken. 1989. The coccid insect dyes: HPLC and computerized diode-array analysis of dyed yarns. Studies in Conservation 34, no. 4: 189-200.
- Yu, Fei'an, Jerome Silbergeld, and Amy McNair. 1988. Chinese painting colors: studies on their preparation and application in traditional and modern times. Seattle: University of Washington Press.
Asian Organic Colorants
Articles in the GCI newsletter
- Asian Organic Colorants Project (Spring 2007)
- Cave Temples of Mogao
- Conservation of Ancient Sites on the Silk Road
- Monitoring for Gaseous Pollutants in Museum Environments
Search Getty Research Library Catalog
- For further information on this subject, you can search the Getty Research Library Catalog.
Last updated: January 2011