Southern African Rock Art Project
Past GCI projects
Articles in the GCI newsletter
- Sixth Rock Art Workshop (Spring 2009)
- Building Capacity to Conserve Southern African Rock Art (Fall 2006)
- Rock Art Today (Fall 2006)
- Preserving a Worldwide Heritage: A Discussion about Rock art Conservation (Fall 2006)
- US Rock Art in the Twenty-First Century: Problems and Prospects (Fall 2006)
- Southern African Rock Art Project (Spring 2006)
- Heritage Management in Africa (Fall 2001)
- Canvas of the Millennia (Spring 1998)
- Rock Art Exhibit at Kennedy Center (Spring 1998)
- The Great Murals: Conserving the Rock Art of Baja California (Summer 1996)
- Conservation and Management of Rock Art Sites (Fall 1995)
- Rock Art Conservation in Mexico(Fall 1991)
- Coulson, David. 2001. African rock art: paintings and engravings on stone.New York: Harry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Deacon, Janette, in collaboration with members of the Southern African Rock Art Project (SARAP). 2002. "Southern African Rock-Art Sites" Published by the International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS).
- Deacon, Janette. 1997. "A regional management strategy for rock art in Southern Africa". Conservation and Management of Archaeological Sites 2: 29–32.
- Deacon, Janette. 2004. "Southern African rock art in the new millennium". In: Bertilsson, U. & McDermott, L. (eds.) The Future of Rock Art - a World Review: 120-131. Stockholm: National Heritage Board of Sweden.
- Deacon, Janette. 2006. "Sharing resources: issues in regional archaeological conservation strategies in southern Africa". In: Agnew, N. & Bridgland, J. (eds.) Of the Past, for the Future: integrating archaeology and conservation: 306-311. Los Angeles: Getty Conservation Institute.
- Deacon, Janette. 2006. "Rock art conservation and tourism". Journal of Archaeological Method and Theory
- Deacon, Janette. 2007. "Management strategies of African rock art". In: Deacon, J. (ed.) The Future of Africa's Past: Proceedings of the 2004 TARA Rock Art Conference: 29-43. Nairobi: TARA.
Scientific Research Abstracts
- 3.10 Chumash Indian Rock Art: A Study of Pictograph Pigments in the Collections of the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History
- 3.13 A Study of Some California Indian Rock Art Pigments