Note: The small town of Aschhausen in the district of Stuttgart in southwestern Germany is known to have existed since 1163. It was the site of the hunting lodge of the abbot of the nearby monastery in Schönau. A castle was built there in the 13th and 14th centuries, and was destroyed in 1523. The castle that stands today was built in the 17th and 18 centuries, and belongs to the Counts Zeppelin. There is also a mill dating from 1573.