Reproductions and Permissions
Thank you for your interest in the collections of the Getty Research Institute.
Terms Governing Personal Use of Images from the Getty Research Institute (GRI) Collections
1. Applicant will not reproduce or publish images ("the Image[s]") from or of the GRI's collections without first obtaining written permission from the Getty Research Institute, an operating program of the J. Paul Getty Trust ("the Trust"). The GRI will not permit reproduction for advertising or promotional purposes.
2. Objects appearing in the Images, even if such objects are owned by the GRI, may be protected by copyright, publication rights, or related interests that are not owned by the GRI. The GRI is not giving permission to exploit any third party rights. The Applicant will ascertain whether any such rights exist, pay any royalties or fees claimed by any third party and obtain all other permission required to carry out Applicant's activities without infringing the proprietary rights of, breaching a duty to, or breaching an agreement with, any third party.
3. Duplicates may not be made of the Images supplied by the GRI without the GRI's prior written approval. Any duplicates are the property of the GRI and will be immediately provided to the GRI by Applicant.
4. No license or permission granted pursuant to this Application may be assigned by Applicant. This Application and any attached and cross-referenced pages sets forth the entire agreement of the GRI and Applicant regarding the Image(s) identified in this Application, and supercedes all prior promises, representations, or statements of any kind, whether written or oral. This Application may only be modified in writing signed by an authorized representative of the GRI and expressly stating its intention to modify this Application. This Application will be governed by the law of the State of California without regard to its conflicts of laws principles. All litigation arising under or relating to this Application will be filed and prosecuted in any court of competent subject matter jurisdiction in the City of Los Angeles, California. Applicant consents to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for such purpose.
5. The GRI retains all copyright ownership and all rights to exploit its copyrights where applicable. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to the GRI.
6. Applicant will defend, indemnify, and hold the GRI harmless from all claims, causes and allegations (whether threatened or pending), costs, fees and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees), awards, judgments, damages, losses and liabilities arising from or relating to any breach of this Application by Applicant or the officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, contractors and subcontractors of Applicant, including, without limitation, any claim, cause, or allegation asserted by a third party against the GRI based entirely or in part on Applicant's exploitation of the Image(s) licensed hereunder.