Note: The town is located in wooded hills of the northern Ardennes forest, at the site natural of mineral springs. The Roman scholar, Pliny the Elder, described the place. The springs gained renewed popularity after 1326 and flourished in the 18th century, and its name has come to be used as a generic term referring to therapeutic springs. It serves today as the center of Belgian state medicine and is a popular tourist destination with horse and car racing. Historic structures include the Casino and the Baths. The 2003 estimated population is 10,400.