RE: wire & pantyhose sculpture

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Eliza Jones (ejones)
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 18:10:43 -0400

This is a GREAT lesson for middle school. Drill holes in the wood bases,
stick in wires from hangars, cover with knee highs (stretch over top and
pull around bottom), and them paint with a glue-water mix. Let dry-repeat 3
times. Then paint with tempera or "make it stone" spray.

-----Original Message-----
From: Teri Sanford [SMTP:terily]
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 1999 5:41 PM
To: art list
Subject: wire & pantyhose sculpture

Hi Gang,
I was just getting ready to register for the TAEA conference
and noticed a workshop on building armatures out of coathangers
and covering with pantyhose, then painting. I can't make that
workshop (time conflicts) but want to know more. Does anyone
have info on this type of thing? I think it said to glue the
hangar into a piece of wood? Help!

Thanks,
teri