Re: clay- without a kiln

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
menichino (menichino)
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 22:23:03 -0400

Hi Eliza -- I use Mexican pottery clay and also a white self-hardening clay
that I order from Sax or Nasco -- takes a few days to dry thoroughly. It's
tough without a kiln but I tell the kids not to make anything too skinny or
long -- and tell them how to recycle it at home (add water) should it break
-- wish I did have a kiln, though!
Liz in rural NY