Re: leather question

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Tom Johnsen (koordt)
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:13:05 -0700

How about this: I saw some masks made from leather. Plaster of paris
molds were made. Small holes were drilled at the outsides of each
nostril, in the corners of each eye, and at the corners of the mouth.
The mask makers then wet the leather and sewed it to the plaster mold
through the small holes previously mentioned. The leather was then
molded, folded, or draped over the form and allowed to dry, after which
it was painted with thin acrylic paint in several coats. The better the
leather the more refined the mask.
Tom