re: leather question

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
J+G Grant (jggrant)
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 07:59:46 +1000

Hi,
I enjoy making masks and am toying with the idea of making leather masks -
maybe this is something you could do. Apparently (I have only just started
looking into it) if you place the leather into a freezer bag and leave it in
the freezer for minimum 24 hours, the leather becomes putty-like. Most
teenagers I know are interested in this sort of thing. If anyone knows any
more about the procedure, I sure would like to hear about it.
Gina

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-artsednet-digest.edu
[owner-artsednet-digest.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, 28 September 1999 6:24
To: artsednet-digest.edu
Subject: artsednet-digest V2 #1729

artsednet-digest Monday, September 27 1999 Volume 02 : Number 1729

This edition includes :
Re: noodles
WOW!
Sister Corita Kent
figure out this master
Artful minds
RE: Tissue paper collage question
RE: noodles
re: noodles
leather question
preschool lessons
Dallas - Free Goya Workshop
Dallas - Free Goya Workshop
Artists who use words
Re: Dallas - Free Goya Workshop
Re: leather question
Mexican Murals
RE: Kindie quiet
Re: Advice

Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 06:34:49 PDT
From: "Donald Peters" <softsnow>
Subject: Re: noodles

>One of the classroom teachers gave me a very large cardboard box filled
>with a
>variety of noodles (bowties, rigatoni, spirals, etc.) Does anyone have a
>good
>idea for them?

I do a project w/4th grade where we make African tribal masks out of
posterboard and then decorate them w/different materials (as a lesson in
texture) we use beans, cheerios, noodles and rice.

Hope this helps
Pat