Re: Tissue paper collage question

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
tiffany Marquart (rt_tchr)
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 19:20:52 -0700 (PDT)

First of all, I believe that you can buy tissue paper
that does not bleed. I have seen it before, read
descriptions in catalogs.

But also, I have done Carle units too, and the kids
love them. We learned about color mixing with
watercolors, and the watercolor & salt technique.
Each students painted atleast 2-3 different papers
based on whatever techniques we were going over.
Then, I read a few Carle books, which the kids of
course already knew. Then we discussed his titles and
how he uses descriptor words in order to describe the
character. We then, as a class, came up with an
animal or some kind of character and its description
and made a title. We had "The Groovy Cheetah" and
"The Magical Ocean". Then we each used our papers,
and even others' scraps from their papers, to create a
front cover of an Eric Carle Book. It was so much
fun. This was with the first grade. We didn't use
tissue paper, but our papers had great textures and
colors created by the different techniques.

Good Luck!!
Tiffany in Missouri