Re: Student art and photos on the web

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 18:32:12 -0500

Duffy,
There seems to be a wide range of approaches to putting students images,
art and names on the web. I am doing it and you are welcome to check it out.
http://www.taospaint.com
My first suggestion is to get written permission from parents and guardians.
Some schools are only using first names. I use full names with art and
with photos.
But, I understand the concerns, there are weirdoes out there. So
definitely do not post
any personal information about students, such as addresses, likes and
dislikes, etc.
We had a fourth grade teachers who had students posting personal
journals. A well
meaning but misguided venture. I post to increase pride in what we are doing.
Just as you would in any exhibition of student work. I also use photos
of students
working to showcase the learning process, which I believe is more
important than
the products we produce.
I just posted a new lesson plan on "Drawing from Observation"
click on: http://www.taospaint.com/LessonDrawObservation.html
it includes examples of student work from this year.
Also I just updated my "Artist of the Week" lessons adding new student
drawings from their Art Notebooks, click on:
http://www.taospaint.com/LessonArtistWeek.html (Lesson in General)
http://www.taospaint.com/ArtistWeek.Elect.99.00.html (Elective)
http://www.taospaint.com/ArtistWeek.Wh7.99.00.html (7th Grade)
http://www.taospaint.com/ArtistWeek.Wh6.99.00.html (6th Grade)
I find it exciting to pull up work by students from all over the country/world
to view any time we wish. This type of collaboration has just begun to
be tapped.
Woody in KC

--
the new URL for school is http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04