Re: artsednet-digest V2 #1724

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Melissasmi
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 22:18:38 EDT

In a message dated 9/25/99 6:14:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-artsednet-digest.edu writes:

<< DeDeRuss wrote:

> I was lucky enough to get an "elk skull" from a hunter. It was cleaned and
> bleached and had a beautiful set of antlers.

Many people, myself included, have a deep respect for all forms of life and
find
the killing of animals as a form of sport quite reprehensible. Some of your
students as well as their parents may also feel this way--so may I suggest a
still life using other, more traditional, objects such as flowers, fruit or
found objects which would provide adequate variety for your drawing lessons.

Best wishes,
Joseph

Would you be opposed to a skull of an animal who died a natural death? I
have the skull of Bessie, the pet cow of a friend. He is happy my students
draw her. Melissa