Re: Kindie quiet

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Rick (rlarson)
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 13:26:37 -0500

One thing I do to settle the kinders when they come in is start by
saying..."I like the way Johnnie is seated quietly, he's showing me he's
ready to learn" and then they all want to hear their name called so I do a
few more and then I generalize into tables, I like the way ALL of table 2 is
sitting quietly. Sometimes I do it in the middle of class, when they start
to get yacky, it reminds them to stay focused. Hope this helps. It works
for me- of course I figure out quickly who shouldn't sit next to someone
else. Betsy