Re: Still Life

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 10:08:42 -0400

DeDeRuss wrote:

> I was lucky enough to get an "elk skull" from a hunter. It was cleaned and
> bleached and had a beautiful set of antlers.

Many people, myself included, have a deep respect for all forms of life and find
the killing of animals as a form of sport quite reprehensible. Some of your
students as well as their parents may also feel this way--so may I suggest a
still life using other, more traditional, objects such as flowers, fruit or
found objects which would provide adequate variety for your drawing lessons.

Best wishes,
Joseph