Re: letter to the board

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
L.P. Skeen (lpskeen@living-tree.net)
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 22:18:45 -0400

Aaron and Jennifer wrote:

> Reatha Here is the information you requested - I teach grades
> 7-9 in Benton Harbor, Michigan. Art class is considered a part of the
> curriculum. It is not an elective. However, students only take one
> semester. (We are on block scheduling.) The other semester students
> take gym. I hope this helps. An interesting fact I have noticed in
> this area: schools here that are strong academically also have strong
> fine arts programs. Food for thought. Jennifer in Michigan

Reatha,
I teach grades K-5 this year, will be adding middle school next year.
Art Class is also a part of our curriculum, especially art history. K-2
get art once a week; 3-8 get art 2x/wk.

--
Lisa Skeen          ICQ#15554910
http://www.living-tree.net

Living Tree Pottery & Soaps, Summerfield, NC

~*~* A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.*~*~

@}~~~ Religions should get out of politics or be taxed.~~~{@