Re: Punishment

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 19:18:48 -0500

GLond769 wrote:

> Concerning the letters on poor student behavior in art class, I have one
> question. Where is your administration?

A strong program that excites or at least lets students know you are
serious about what you teach is first. Then dealing with problems with
a sense of humor (especially in Middle School) comes next. But nothing
will work without a strong no nonsense administrator who loves kids.
Would you believe that my vice principal has the best fire drill in the state
in 1 min and 30 sec 500 students exit our building and line up by class on
yard lines on our football field. They remain in quiet lines so
teachers may
take roll to see if anyone is missing. Visitors to our school are amazed.
And he throws a school wide loose and free party with no nonsense allow too.
Except maybe himself getting wet in the rented dunk tank.
We never want to lose our Mr. Wilson, Woody in KC

--
the new URL for school is http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04
             http://www.taospaint.com/NineMonths.html