Re: punishment

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 18:23:28 -0500

Clay is a great incentive to motivate students. But very tempting,
we talk about the temptations. I have each student sign a contract
before we start clay. It details things like not throwing or removing
clay from the classroom, respecting the clay (mother earth) and the
tools we use. It also addresses creativity with clay. I get
an arrangement set up with the vice principal so I can eject any student
caught throwing clay. They sit out that period in ISS, until the class
is no
longer on clay. Things do happen behind your back so I do make them
aware that my students will repaint any brown spots on the ceiling tile
before we leave for the summer.
Good Luck, Woody in KC

--
the new URL for school is http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04