Re: scratch board image transfer

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 18:04:42 -0500

White conte crayon on the back of the drawing might do it.
Then use it like carbon paper. It still breaks me up that I have
to explain the concept of carbon paper.

Another way to make a transfer sheet that can be used over
and over is as follows: get some carpenters marking powder,
I prefer reddish brown but the blue might work to transfer to
a black surface. (string line powder) apply it to a sheet of
newsprint, rubbing a layer on with cotton balls. Next, use
clean cotton balls to dab on lighter fluid (like for the old flint lighters)
on the entire surface. This fixes the powder so it isn't messy any
more. Now you have a reusable transfer sheet that can be placed
between your drawing and the new surface. I learned this in a
Lithography class, it works great.

Let me know if it works, Woody in KC

--
the new URL for school is http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04