RE: punishment

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
D. Sterner (dsterner)
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 18:13:23 -0400

and it is a good thought too! I avoid, at all costs, those kinds of
messages as they do more damage than anyone can imagine. I always focus on
overcoming the behavior issues with the goal of continuing the lesson. My
best efforts are always through comedy relief - make them laugh - especially
at themselves. I have some good one-liners if anyone wants them (LOL@me)
-=deb=-

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-artsednet.edu
[owner-artsednet.edu]On Behalf Of brenda jones
Sent: Friday, September 24, 1999 6:25 PM
To: digest
Subject: punishment

I am reading the suggestions for punishment for art students who misbehave.
do not want to sound "polly anna" here, because I have a class this year
that
I am a little at a loss about as well. However, I am concerned about the
messages we send when we tell students that if they don't behave they will
have to read about art or do a report about art as punishment. It seems to
me
(just opinion here, folks) that reading or "bookwork" as punishment sends
the
message that reading is bad or writing about art is bad. Just a thought