Re:Still Life poses

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:08:06 -0400

Teri Sanford wrote:

> Jennifer,
> I missed the first part of this thread, but I do still life
> with my 2-5th grades. I have pumpkins, squash, etc donated by
> the PTA. The 2-3's don't come out as good, but they give it a
> great effort. I talk about contour drawing and I do a "draw to"
> which is just me drawing for them and speaking out loud the
> steps I am thinking. Like "The stem is a forshortened circle on
> top of a curved rectangle." So they know what an artist is
> thinking. The 2-3's do theirs in 2-50 min classes. The older
> ones take longer because they watercolor theirs. The 2-3's
> color with colored pencil. The parents are always blown away at
> how good their kids can draw!!
>
> teri

How about the flowers left over from church. Even if you do not work
in a parochial school some of the kids involved in church could
probably bring any left overs. I also came back from the zoo with my
youngest son (it was his first field trip). I thought there are some
animals (reptiles too) which hardly move! Great still lives-some of
the vegetation, trees, bushes and workers don't move much either!
LOL
Sandra

--
john barrick