Re: Punishment!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
menichino (menichino)
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 22:04:30 -0400

Jill -- I'm assuming there must be other teachers in your school who suffer
the same problems. Is there any way a committee could be formed to come up
with solutions to the repeated discipline problems? I know you are
inner-city but does the administration care about what's going on? Would
the school board agree to hire someone to cover a time-out type of room to
babysit the unruly ones while the "good" kids participate? Or maybe a
grant could be gotten to pay for someone to come in. Or an alternative
school situation. It just seems like you are always fighting a losing
battle against the tide and some long term fixes may be in order. Pipe
dreams I know.....
Liz