Re: budgets Help!!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Tom Johnsen (koordt)
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 07:15:55 -0700

Kids tend to treat the material we supply as political statement
stationery. I find small bits of pencil on the floor, etc., quite a lot.
As a part time teacher, I don't have the resources to front money to
keep them supplied with this "writing paper." My solution is not to
supply pencils. I'm asking them to buy a set of drawing pencils and
bring them to class. I doubt that I will find more pencils on the
floor. I am thinking of doing the same with brushes when I get there.
About three brushes to start. I do the research to find least expensive
good brushes. Ownership is a great teacher.

Does anyone have anything to suggest about this? Surely we are not
required to supply pencils???