Re: School of Visual Arts

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 07:00:39 -0400

--------------97539EFF04731E2B15A8FC81

Jim Robinson wrote:

> I have a student who is inquiring about attending the School of
> Visual Arts in New York City.Does anyone have anything positive and/or
> negative to share with me about this art school?

I taught a few sculpture classes there in the 80's--recommend it for
anyone with a lot of drive and energy--just being in downtown NYC is an
education in itself! It's fashion dept. is the best.-illustration,
clothing design etc., great career contacts to be made up on Seventh
Ave. as well. If possible have the student visit the school to get a
feel for the place---like NYC itself--not for everyone!

Best wishes,
Joseph