Re: fantasy shoe

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Melissa Chaney (meemo)
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 22:03:09 -0500

Students begin by sketching out shoe logos. They need to create their own not
use one that already exists. Some create puns though.like "Trikey" or
"Treebok". Others have created "Footsies", "Beasty Boots", "Suncatcher
Sandals"..... Students sketch out logos and names. Students then think about
the shoe as if is broken up into parts. Think as if you actually took a shoe
apart where it is sewn together. Sole, tongue, 2 sides and toe. What about the
rounded part at the heel of a tennis shoe. Each piece is cut from construction
paper. Some merely begin my tracing their shoe onto white paper for the sole.
Draw on tread. They then tape or glue on the two sides and the toe piece (a
half circle). The tongue is added last. Some punch holes with a hole punch
and use yarn or thin strips of paper for laces. Magic marker stitching on the
seams. Add the logo.Don't forget the size of the shoe. Many students create a
pair of the shoes and like to wear them after I grade them. Last year we set
up a shoe store display in a case complete with shoeboxes and price tags. Kids
have created boots, sandals, tennis shoes, slippers...