RE: Greece, Rome and Israel

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fields, Linda (fieldsl.us)
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 11:48:42 -0400

I have done mosaics with sixth grade-and high schoolers- by using
"tesserae" cut from magazine pictures. Ignoring the pictures themselves,
the kids need to look for varieties and gradations of the colors they
need. I have them cut the pieces into small angular shapes which they
then mount on black construction paper or poster board. They leave about
1/16 " in between pieces. When all is dry, I mount them on cardboard and
coat them with acrylic medium. The magazine colors provide a broad range
of color and do not fade as readily as construction paper. Linda in NC