RE: H.S. Art History and Technology

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
D. Sterner (dsterner)
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 20:22:05 -0400

I use a site called "mark Harden's art archive" at:
http://www.artchive.com/
I can view and save images of artists throughout history.
If that doesn't work, I try a web search for an artist such as "ask Jeeves"
at:
http://aj.com
you simply type in your question and Jeeves does the work - searching many
of the search engines, often giving as many as 10 options per search engine.
using "Jeeves" can get tricky as the selected pages load within the Jeeves
domain. To bookmark a "keeper" look for the "remove frames" option to
reveal the real URL. The back button will take you back to the Jeeves
selections if you still want to explore some of the links Jeeves provides.
Programs like "Power Point" (Microsoft) or "Thumbs Plus" (Cerious):
http://www.cerious.com
are especially helpful for developing slide presentations. There are many
more sites too for viewing artists throughout history - many have their own
web site through colleges or high schools as result of students' efforts.
-=deb=-
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-artsednet.edu
[owner-artsednet.edu]On Behalf Of iacovelli
Sent: Monday, September 20, 1999 7:27 PM
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: H.S. Art History and Technology

We need advice on renewing our high school Art History resources. We have
an aging large slide collection. Are there excellent catalogs that offers
slides to purchase? Are there other electronic means to show students art
that is replacing your use of slides? Are some of you using other
technologies to help students to explore? Are you still doing slide
lectures? Any information you have will be welcome.

Carole Iacovelli
Punahou School
1601 Punahou Street
Honolulu, HI 96822