RE: Art galleries need info

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kimberly Anne Herbert (kimberly)
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 15:23:38 -0500

This may not be what your looking for, but the San Angelo Museum of Fine
Arts/Children's Art Museum, San Angelo ISD, Angelo State University, and
Region XV Education Service Center are currently engaged in a cooperative
effort to bring Art education to the Concho Valley students. Angelo State
University owns the museum building and conducts ceramic classes in the
ceramics lab, San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts has a 99 year lease, SAISD pays
the Museum Educator and buys some of the supplies. The Region Center will be
working with all of the above to bring training to area teachers, including
other school districts in the 15 county area the San Angelo Museum of Fine
Arts/Children's Art Museum serves. Both the school district and ASU will
conduct continuing education classes in the ceramics lab and Art Education
classroom.
For more info you can check out these links
http://www.texaswest.com/archive/99/september/19/opinion2.htm
http://www.texaswest.com/archive/99/september/17/12.htm

If you would like more information about our projects please feel free to
contact me kimberly

Kimberly Herbert
CAM Administrator

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-artsednet.edu
[owner-artsednet.edu] On Behalf Of sheri tamte
Sent: Monday, September 20, 1999 11:02 AM
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: Art galleries need info

greetings-
I am trying to locate any schools or districts that have art galleries or
museums located in their school buildings. these can be formal or informal.
it is part of my MA thesis and something I am trying to do here at my own
school.
thanks!

Sheri M. Tamte, NBCT
team K5a