RE: lessons on artists

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Bickley-Green, Cynthia Ann (BICKLEYGREENC)
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 10:59:50 -0400

All of the lessons in our publication Interdisciplinary Art: Lessons
and Resources, [ISBN 0-07-039604-3 McGraw-Hill] are based on the work of
artist in Virginia or North Carolina or on art works that can be seen in
museums in these two states. We thought that in this manner, art teachers
would have an opportunity to take their students to see the art works that
were used as exemplars for the lessons. Not all the artists are still
living--included are Minnie Evans, John Beerman, Leroy Persons, Furniture
Collection of the Museum of Fine Arts, Robert Gwathmey, John White prints
(1598)and others. Most of the lessons were submitted by elementary and
secondary school teachers.