Re: doctoral program

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Myrna Packard (myrnapac)
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 07:20:00 -0700 (PDT)

Just in case no one has alerted you to the Ph. D. program at Ohio
State, I want to do so. Both Penn State and Ohio State have solid
reputations as leaders in field of Art Education. Several things to
consider are the faculty, look to see how their research interests
match with yours, and the community environment. Penn State is rather
isolated which may suit you. Ohio State is located in the center of
the state, state capital, and a thriving cultural community that
include classical music (Pro Musica and the Columbus Symphony
Orchestra) a plethora of jazz, lots of dance and theater as well as the
Short North ARea, just south of the campus, that abounds with galleries
to compliment the Columbus Museum of Art. And right on campus is the
Wexner Center a showcase for contemporary arts in all disciplines.

Hope this is helpful,

Myrna Packard