Re: Greece, Rome and Israel

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
ricki fromkin (fromkinr)
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 16:56:13 -0400

BluesTruth wrote:

> Hi, Friends--
> I am in need of help from you again. I would like to put together a unit on
> the culture of Greece , Rome and Israel to integrate with their curriculum.
> Anyone of you presented a successful art project in any of these areas,
> especially Israel? The only thing I can come up with is maps.
> For Greece, I'd like to try mythology. Anyone try that? What about a good
> one for Rome. Love to hear about your success stories. My students are in
> 6th grade.
> Thank you so much for helping!
> Bluestruth

Regarding Israel, there are 2 artists who come to mind. The 1st is Agam
(I think his first name is Yaacov) and Mordechai Rosenstein (who works
alot with type and illustrations, very graphic). I never did a lesson
based on either one's artwork, or the culture of the Israeli's, but
they're good artists for the history aspect and if your lesson relates
to their work.

While their work may not reflect the traditional artwork of the Israeli
culture, they are contemporary Israeli artists.

There is info about Agam on the web (his artwork), I don't have a
particular web-site, but any search will get you there.

I know this is not exactly what you were looking for, but something
interesting might come from it.

Ricki