Re: lated to lessons on artists from states

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 10:43:56 -0500

Artists from Kansas I have used in Class, I'll try and find
lesson plans to send out later.
John Stewart Curry
Elizabeth "Grandma" Layton
Stan Herd *
Dean Mitchell *
Jim Hamil *
Laurie Houseman Whitehawk *
indicates living artists *
I'm sure there have been many more if I include local visiting artists.

This is a great idea, but I didn't see the earlier posts,
so let me know what is needed for the project. Is it a book ?
Woody in KC

Stacey Bernstein wrote:
> This thread is on fire! It's great to come home and read it.
> Artists in Residence / Visiting Artists are excellent resources if we get
> the funding/connections/support to facilitate it, and these are "real"
> people in our own communities.
> Art is everywhere...
> the State Artists lesson plan book is a wonderful idea, may it be made...
> grant opportunities exist, let's write 'em and bring artists into our
> schools...
> we are artists, show the kids our own work besides the project demos...
> there are parents who are artists, conduct a survey of our school/district.
> Make art alive and relevant
> one
> step
> at
> time,
> or in great leaps and bounds, whichever is our preferred method.
> :-)
> * * * * *
> Artist & Art Educator
> * * * * *
> a site documenting some of my time and energy as an
> Artist in Residence at New Vista High School in Boulder, Colorado.
> * * * * *
> "A work of art is above all an adventure of mind."
> - Eugene Ionesco (1912 - 1994)
> * * * * *

the new URL for school is
                                        to contact me via E-mail