Re: 2-5 year old

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 08:41:31 -0500

When you are gathering materials for this collage activity, please
remember to gather lots of different "textures". This is a great
learning experience. Wallpaper sample books are a good place
to start. Just don't overlook the value of the tactile world out there.
Good Luck, Woody in KC

Laurann65 wrote:
> I would suggest that when working with kids ages 2 - 5 you put the emphasis
> on the basics.... like cutting and gluing. My 2&3 year olds love sitting
> with a strip of paper and scissors, and cutting it into many pieces, then the
> pieces can be glued later. I think the emphasis with this age group should
> be put on the process... not the product. If the project is supposed to look
> like something specific, the teacher usually does most of the work. I like
> to put out materials, and let them explore, with guidance on safety and basic
> skills.... how they hold the scissors, how much glue they use, how they hold
> a pencil... etc....
> just a few thoughts.
> :) Laura Allan
> Cicero Schools in Illinois
> In a message dated 9/18/99 8:23:56 PM Central Daylight Time,
> kbenshalom writes:
> << I have been asked to do a seminar for 2-5 year old teacher relating to art.
> Does any one have any ideas. I am looking for something relating to
> materials. I know that I am limited - anything besides finger painting,
> play dough and paper- mache'?
> Kim Ben-Shalom >>

the new URL for school is
                                        to contact me via E-mail