Re: Greece, Rome and Israel

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Teresa (tmcnorf)
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 08:25:41 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: BluesTruth <BluesTruth>
To: Artsednet.edu <Artsednet.edu>
Date: Sunday, September 19, 1999 7:44 AM
Subject: Greece, Rome and Israel

>Hi, Friends--
>I am in need of help from you again. I would like to put together a unit on
>the culture of Greece , Rome and Israel to integrate with their curriculum.
>Anyone of you presented a successful art project in any of these areas,
>especially Israel? The only thing I can come up with is maps.
>For Greece, I'd like to try mythology. Anyone try that? What about a good
>one for Rome. Love to hear about your success stories. My students are in
>6th grade.
>Thank you so much for helping!
>Bluestruth

it's sunday and i don't have the mag here at home to give the exact date, but a (relitively) recent issue of school arts had a great
paper mache greek vase project. i did this with 6th graders last year for the first time knowing i'd be in the middle of it on a
building principal's observation day. she was truly impressed. i tied it in with a pandora's box theme and they had to write about
what would come out of their vase if the lid were to be opened. it was good fun for all of us.

teresa in ny