Re: Floyd heading to S.C. (AND N. C.)

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
croberts (b2w6w4kn)
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 09:55:15 -0400

>Marsha in windy but dry So. FL. wrote:

>We all know Reatha form our Listserv. Last I heard from her via email, she
>said she was planning to evacuate her home. Her parents are also on the
coast
>of SC. I have really felt concern for the people who suffered through
Hugo.
>Reatha, if you get this, we are all thinking of you!

I've been thinking about Reatha also and hoping she fared all right. I'm
here in Kinston, NC about 90 miles from the coast and we had lots of rain
and strong winds. Our main problem here now is flooding. Our grounds were
already saturated and our rivers overflowing due to "Dennis". They were
still rescuing people from their roofs last night due to the high water.
Many still don't have electricity and won't for a while. Trees are still on
the highways with downed power lines. Our roads near the bridges and rivers
are caving in and washing away due to the high waters.

All the people on my side of the road have trees on our houses. I was
looking out the window yesterday as a large tree came falling over on our
roof like it was in "slow motion", but we are all all right and feel like
we're back in the world this morning.

Hopefully, we'll be back in school on Monday or we won't have ANY holidays
the rest of this year.

Carolyn

  • Reply: Ann Wilschke: "Re: A Small Poll"