Re: information explaining about my TMH kids

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lon Nuell (lrnuell)
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 12:42:37 -0500

That part of this message wherein the teachers requests that the lessons be
"age appropriate" makes me wonder what the teacher actually means. We all
know that mental age for the TMH person will set the direction for grade
appropriate lessons- that is if the "IQ" is tht of a six year old the lesson
will be designed for a six year old. If the teacher means that lessons should
be directed to the chronological age, then something is seriously wrong in
that situation.

What precisely does the teacher mean by his/her request? Good programs can
be developed (see the NJ guide for Art in Special Ed) for children in this
situation which are directed to their mental and physical skill levels.