RE: Multicultural Class

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
D. Sterner (dsterner)
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 13:20:05 -0400

Below are a few links that may help you. Just a quick search entry from:
http://julen.net/ancient/ (the ancient world web)

Period and Style for Designers:
This page is designed to provide inspiration to set designers for theater
set in various areas - there are several links to the architecture and
interior spaces of ancient (Minoan, Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Mycenean)
cultures.[English]
http://www.tulane.edu/lester/text/lester.html

Aztec History Mexico:
Mind-boggling amount of information here - much deeper than it looks.
[English]
http://www.northcoast.com/~spdtom/aztec.html

The Minoans:
History, Religion, Culture, Role of Women, Art... [English]
http://www.wsu.edu:8080/%7Edee/MINOA/MINOANS.HTM

~~giggle~~ keep the e-mails comin' - they are a good diversion while I try
to update my site:
http://www.geocites.com/got2teach
-=deb=-

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-artsednet.edu
[owner-artsednet.edu]On Behalf Of Lori Graham
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 1999 1:04 PM
To: art
Subject: Multicultural Class

Hi everyone,
I teach college....design theory, history of interiors and architecture,
history of decorative arts, furniture design, etc. I have to write a
class that includes multicultural studies for our design students. I
want to create a class that focuses on the decorative arts of various
cultures; specifically, Mexican, Asian, and African. Does any one know
of any sources that will lead the way into this vast subject matter?
Anything to help me get started in creating this new class that will
meet our multicultural requirements in California colleges?

Thanks,

Lori