RE: Digital cameras

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
D. Sterner (dsterner)
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 09:13:19 -0400

The Sony DSC-F1 required considerable waiting for each picture to download,
regardless of the program used. After searching the Sony site:
http://www.sony.com/online.html
I discovered a software upgrade that no longer required me to "baby-sit" the
process. Although you may not have the camera, a similar search of the
manufacturer's page might give you an upgrade too!
The process is still long, but I don't have to select each picture to save
to hard drive anymore as the upgrade featured a "select all" option and I
can go have a sandwich now instead of staring at the monitor. Hope this
helps.
FYI! The newer ones that use a disc are immediate gratification for the
"Image Thirsty"
-=deb=-

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-artsednet.edu
[owner-artsednet.edu]On Behalf Of MarshArt
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 1999 7:24 AM
To: b2w6w4kn; getty artsnettalk
Subject: Digital cameras

In a message dated 9/11/99 3:25:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
b2w6w4kn writes:

<< his may not be the answer to your question...but when we download from a
digital camera, we use Picture It...although a lot of programs will allow
you to do that. What software came with your camera to use to download
and
edit photos? Adobe PhotoDeluxe is another good program. I don't use
PhotoShop to download from the camera.

Look for Acquire in the menu to download photos from camera. Once your
photos have downloaded, then I save them to a file (or a disk) using the
format JPEG or .jpg. Then attach them to my email message using Insert.

I need some more help. Carolyn.

I have Picture it with my digital camera. Photoshop is loaded on my hard
drive and uses Picture It to acquire the photo from the camera. I have
Adobe Photo Deluxe also that I got for my old computer. I decided to go with
picture It because it came with the camera, BUTTTT, it takes forever to
download a picture from the camera. My computer is FAST. I have a 450Mhz.
My
camera has 2MB . Could this be the reason. I just find myself aborting the
transfer because I cant sit there for 15 min. That is for ONE shot!

I can get a card for more memory but it doesn't say whether it will speed
up
the transfer. At this rate, I should be able to retire by the time all 16
shots are downloaded!

I didn't get much info with the Picture it...just the disc. I can uninstall
Picture It and use Adobe Photo Deluxe. Does your camera take so long to
download?

Marsha , Digitally disgusted in Florida