Re: fixative for oil pastels

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Bennett (sbennett)
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 20:47:53 -0400

I use acrylic polymer to give more longevity and sheen to my tempera
paints. It is nice, dries clear. I teach grade school so I have the
children apply it with scraps of foam sponge. I rinse and reuse but because
I get free stuff all of the time after they become hard I can discard. I
enjoy the way the polymer will give the paint a vibrance and a wet look. It
also brings back the brush strokes. I instruct the children to dab it on
lightly, as rubbing it will pick up and smear color. Spray acrylic polymer
is availabel too of course. Susan in Ohio
> From: L.P. Skeen <lpskeen@living-tree.net>
> To: GETTY <artsednet.edu>
> Subject: Re: fixative for oil pastels
> Date: Saturday, September 11, 1999 9:29 AM
>
> Sages7 wrote:
>
> > What do you all use to fix oil pastel drawings? I am unsure what to use
with
> > my 5th graders beautiful drawings so they will not smear? Any advice?
Thanks