Re: Any ideas for supplies that companies can donate toschools.......

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
L.P. Skeen (lpskeen@living-tree.net)
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 09:27:12 -0400

LynnMarie Paris wrote:

> haha...what a great gift <plugging my nose> Although if it is dry it
> can be
> used for an outdoor Raku firing of bisqued clay. :)

NONONO!!! Please do not use Manure for Raku; the smoke is NOXIOUS and
very, very ugly colored. Use newspapers or dried leaves to get your
reduction instead. Manure is good for pit firing where no glaze is
involved.

--
Lisa Skeen          ICQ#15554910    http://www.living-tree.net
Living Tree Pottery & Soaps,  Summerfield, NC