RE: Any ideas for supplies that companies can donate to schools.......

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
D. Sterner (dsterner)
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 16:57:21 -0400

Poster board from local printers - sometimes as big as 36" other scraps too
Wallpaper books - great for patterning lessons and other design work
For anyone near Syracuse, NY - T. C. Timber gives away finished maple wood
scraps great for building and architecture lessons.
Boat companies = canvas scraps or a canvas manufacturer
Meat markets, supermarkets are good for Styrofoam trays and brown paper bags
(cave drawings)
Carpet stores or corporate distributors = carpet samples w/ multiple
classroom uses
Telephone company = scrap wire that's colorful too!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-artsednet.edu
[owner-artsednet.edu]On Behalf Of
Mrsbeeswax
Sent: Friday, September 10, 1999 7:44 AM
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: Any ideas for supplies that companies can donate to
schools.......

Hello All,
Our district just received a donation of yarn from a rug company,it
wa sthe ends of spools that they would otherwise throw out. This got the
gears spinning in my head. (Hmmm free stuff !!!) I would like to hear some
suggestions of materials that you may have gotten for free from companies in
your area.
I want to write a letter to a bunch of places soliciting such items.
They keep cutting and cuttting my budget each year(47%last year ,and 31%
this
year) , I have to supplement in some way other than my pocket which is
getting quite empty.
(I'm sure that you can all relate to that !!)

Thanks, Chris :)