RE: name drawings

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
D. Sterner (dsterner)
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 23:36:57 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BEFB1C.37CD2580

Create a grid on any sheet of paper that will fit the name - for 1st time
use large grids. Bubble letter the name on the grid - lightly in pencil -
no overlapping of letters. Then in sequence format...color the grids as the
plan outlines...+ - space in that part of the letter appears within the grid
and part appears outside the grid, inside outside the line - to reveal an
optical illusion of the name from the grid format.
Consider: within each square a space needs to be considered inside or
outside the letter of the space within the grid. Using a selected color
scheme - color inside spaces 1 color and outside spaces another color...then
the name can be seen as the color selection reveals it! I use it all the
time with behavioral and learning disorder kids. Of course I see more
WuTang Clan and West Side Pride....2Pac and ...the list goes on....but it
works!

From: owner-artsednet.edu on behalf of BluesTruth
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 1999 10:48 PM
To: Artsednet.edu
Subject: Two classes at once

Hi Friends:
Because of an administrative screw up, I have 2 classes in one room. -- the
1st grade and third grades. Today I had the third grade read to the little
ones. Noisy! Can anyone think of some activity (less noisy) that I can
combine the 2 grades and it won't be chaos? Anyone been in this situation?
Also, my older kids love write in bubble letters, usually their names (7th
and 8th grades). Love to hear of some cool name drawings lessons?
Thank you for your help!!!!
Bt (Jill)
te name letter will reveal a space that is to be colored in a selected color
based on the color selected for the opposing space (+ - space)
if the sequence is followed ...the name is revealed in a camoufaged format
whereby the name can be seen upon completion.
for instance: sketch 5 lines horizontally then intersect those line
vertically. Within those lines, sketch an "O" in bubble style. Observe
which part of the "O" is within the grid - select a color for that shape
olor for all sections in the grid. Select a color for the outside area of
the grid letter

Because of an administrative screw up, I have 2 classes in one room. -- the
1st grade and third grades. Today I had the third grade read to the little
ones. Noisy! Can anyone think of some activity (less noisy) that I can
combine the 2 grades and it won't be chaos? Anyone been in this situation?
Also, my older kids love write in bubble letters, usually their names (7th
and 8th grades). Love to hear of some cool name drawings lessons?
Thank you for your help!!!!
Bt (Jill)

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BEFB1C.37CD2580

Create a grid on any sheet of paper that will fit the = name - for=20 1st time use large grids.  Bubble letter the name on the grid - = lightly in=20 pencil - no overlapping of letters.  Then in sequence = format...color the=20 grids as the plan outlines...+ - space in that part of the letter = appears within=20 the grid and part appears outside the grid, inside outside the line - to = reveal=20 an optical illusion of the name from the grid format.