Re: National Art Honor Society

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 18:48:55 -0400 (EDT)

We have a chapter at our school and you have to check and see if your
school already has a charter for one. If not, you have to contact NAEA in
REston , VA. STudents have to be in tenth grade and need to have a "B"
average in an art class they took the previous year. Be sure to also put
in a request to your district for the chapter as a club so that you get
some miniscule pay. My co sponsor and I meet with the officers before the
general meeting and try to have a meeting monthly.Some of the activities
we have done in the past include: designing ties for teachers and students
to wear(painted) for a special day. I got that idea from this list.
Pumpkin carving contest, workshops with artists (we had John Johns, a
local caricaturist several times and the kdis really like him) field trips
to museums, points of interest, like Falling Water, Andy Warhol Museum for
a workshop, painting murals for a psychiatric hospital, making decorations
for non profit organizations' events.
Sketching trips to zoo, aviary; We are now going to embark this year on a
project of "Warholizing" the faculty. I took a roll of black and white
film last year for the test run.
If you don't have address from your NAEA memberbership. Oh, to sponsor a
chapter, you must be a member of NAEA. If you need any other information,
let me know. I have phone numbers at school. Fran