Re: On Rationalization

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
San D Hasselman (kprs)
Tue, 07 Sep 1999 06:01:00 -0400

--------------27BA9C5CD51A96953A4F2E70

Observation: How does "doing one's best" equate with the development of
profeciency?

"proficiency" is what? exactly? How about "The student will be able to
throw a cylinder on the potter's wheel." Does THIS proficiency say
anything about how STRAIGHT, TALL, AESTHETIC, etc, the cylinder is? or
what age group, what mental state, what emotional state, how many hands,
a student is or has?

Well, as with all arguements with students and spouses, I usually sign
off, and say, come one kids we got work to do....and will be signing off
on this one.

San D