Re: artsednet-digest V2 #1686 A massive quantitiy of crepe paper

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Jerry Vilenski (jvilensk)
Mon, 06 Sep 1999 15:25:18 -0700

June,

I have found that crepe paper is a great substitute for paint when
applied to paper mache or collage work. Crepe paper is just art tissue
that has been crinkled up. I use crepe paper because it has a property
that I like: It doesn't bleed on kids hands, so there is no staining
like regular tissue. Besides, it comes in really cool colors, including
metallics! Another advantage is while working paper mache. You don't
have to wait until the mache is dry in order to add color to the object,
just lay strips of it over the sculpture while wet and you have instant
color. When dry, varnish it with acrylic varnish and there you have
it. Hope this works, Jerry