Re: tile murals

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
LynnMarie Paris (paris)
Sun, 05 Sep 1999 21:47:06 -0400

Hi Lisa,

Great question! It was through a 50/50 grant...sounds like a raffle
right? Half of the money was through the New York State Council on the
Arts...but I worked directly with Greene County Council on the Arts (the
county my school is in). The other half was through the school.

I wrote this proposal that contained blood, sweat and tears...plus a few
good ideas. :) I incorporated at least 8 different courses to make it
obvious that it was well worth while. The courses included everything
from Middle and High School Art, to Science (the properties of clay) to
Global Studies (African Culture) to Tecnology (Global Studies students
created a Power Point presentation about African culture). It was a 3
page proposal that had overall goals as well as one paragraph dedicated
to each course, naming the specific teacher that had agreed to work with
me.

If I can help or explain things anymore, don't hesitate to ask.

LynnMarie